Windows Web Hosting Guide & Windows Web Hosting Providers
About Windows Web Hosting
Windows web hosting is the most popular type of web hosting available. Windows is widely accepted globally. Not only that but Windows is easy to use and requires less technical knowledge than most other types. Windows web hosting may use any type of Windows but typically uses Windows 2000 or above. Windows is easy to work with – it's typically known as the most user-friendly solution available.
Features to Look for in Windows Web Hosting Solutions
Windows based web hosting solutions offer the most features. You'll find almost any feature that you need for your site. Windows based solutions are easy to work with so you'll be able to quickly get your site functioning the way you want it to. Some hosting solutions provide the ability to use quick and easy templates for building your site. This can be helpful for those who are setting up their first site. Step by step procedures and easy windows formats help you create a professional looking site. Choose between dedicated or shared servers. Dedicated servers provide better control and larger space while shared servers are less expensive.
Advantages of Windows Web Hosting
* Support – Windows is the most well known product line and therefore it is easier to find good support. Webmasters are trained on the advanced features and database functionality of Windows.
* Applications – Windows supports the most popular and high-functioning products including FrontPage, Active Server Pages (ASP), VBScript, Java and ASP.NET. It can also support Perl, PHP, CGI, MS Access databases and Cold Fusion.
* Databases – Windows based web hosting also supports a wide range of database solutions including Microsoft SQL, MYSQL, MS Access and MS Excel.
* Works Well for Single Businesses – Windows web hosting is best for small, medium and large businesses that don't need complicated networking solutions. It's also the popular choice for personal websites.
Tips for Comparing Windows Web Hosting
* Reliability – Choose a Windows web hosting provider that is reliable. Look for down times and compare back-up solutions in case of power outages or server problems.
* Cost – When comparing Windows web hosting providers be sure to compare prices for similar features and storage space. Packages can make it difficult to compare apples to apples so be sure to look closely as you review your options.
* Technical Support – Check to make sure that 24/7 technical support coverage is included in your package. If not you should consider adding it. Technical support is important to making sure your site is up and running. An e-commerce site can lose thousands of dollars if the site has difficulties.
* Infrastructure – Make sure that the company you choose has a reliable hardware infrastructure in place to handle your site. Find out how long the company has been in business and check customer comments.
To Learn More About Windows Web Hosting just click on any one of the guaranteed providers listed below. You'll find information, packages and pricing options to suit your exact needs. See what these providers have to offer by clicking below.