Linux Web Hosting Guide & Unix Hosting Solutions
About Linux Web Hosting
Linux web hosting is a Unix based web hosting service. Unix is a popular operating system that was developed by the AT&T Bell companies in the 1970's. The Linux operating system is one of the most used systems available. Linux is an open source Unix operating system. Linux is a popular standard that is used globally. It is popular because of the rich functionality that it has.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Red Hat is a specially packaged version of Linux that is exclusive to Red Hat. It is used in a wide range of platforms from popular vendors worldwide. This packaged version is used in many servers and IT departments.
Apache HTTP Server
Apache HTTP Server is a type of open-source server that is used for many operating systems such as UNIX and Windows NT. Apache is a popular web server due to its reputation of being secure, efficient and upgradeable server that uses HTTP standards.
* Unix supports many application languages. The most common languages include C, C++, Shell, Perl, Td, Python, Java and PHP.
* Many databases. There are many databases available depending on your specific application.
* Affordability – If you purchase your own equipment you'll find savings in using Linux. If not the rates will be comparable with other similar services.
Choosing a Linux website hosting company should be done by comparing key factors including features, flexibility, support and price.
* Reliability – One of the most important factors is making sure that your site will always be on line. Look for companies that provide backup solutions in case of power failure or other problems.
* Flexibility – Once you choose your hosting plan what happens if you want to change it? Find out before signing up. Some plans can be easily upgraded but not downgraded so look at the information before signing up.
* Features – You'll want the latest feature availability possible. If your site is an E-commerce site you'll need to have features that are designed specifically for secure selling.
* Technical Support – Make sure that technical support and maintenance are included in your plan. Sometimes these items need to be chosen ala-carte so if you need support be sure to sign up. Ensure that tech support is available 24/7.
* Cost – You'll want to choose the most features and function for the price. It can be hard to compare pricing when looking at packages that contain different components. Try to make sure that you are comparing all the same features and support. Try using our Compare Linux Hosting engine to zoom in on the features you need for your application.
* Customer Service – Look for a web hosting company that provides excellent customer service. Make sure that you can reach them via a toll-free phone number. Good customer service can go a long way in providing you with the information you need when you need it.
Learn more about Linux Web Hosting by clicking on any of the links below. These guaranteed hosting resources provide the expertise and knowledge you need to get your site up and running quickly and easily.